With the pandemic keeping us all indoors more this past year, it’s safe to say that everyone has worried about or experienced weight gain. With 2021 here and spring around the corner, we are all looking forward to nicer weather and the ability to take long walk in the sun.
If you are trying to conceive, achieving a healthy weight can give you and your partner a fertility boost towards your goal. Every little bit lost makes a big difference, and the extra physical activity can also help to keep the Covid blues away.
Join Dr. Asima Ahmad as she explains how a healthy weight improves overall health, fertility potential, and how the body handles the COVID-19 virus. Learn about the latest research, how to determine your target weight, and what you can do to help achieve baby success in 2021.
The Time to Talk Fertility: How a Healthy Weight Can Boost Fertility in Women and Men episode discusses questions such as:
- Weight is a touchy subject for every woman. Why is it so important to discuss this topic when you’re looking to grow a family?
- How does someone determine whether their weight is healthy or not?
- Where do we stand as a country when it comes to weight?
- How do you think the pandemic has factored into weight gain or loss?
- You see patients every day. What weight trends are you seeing?
- What are the main ways a healthy weight boosts overall health?
- How does being a healthy weight boost fertility in women?
- How about men?
- For couples in treatment, how does a healthy weight increase their chances of success?
- Once a couple becomes pregnant, how does a healthy weight improve pregnancy?
- Research has shown that extra weight can increase the risk of contracting the COVID-19 virus and the body’s ability to recover. Can you tell us more?
- You’ve mentioned that a little weight loss can go a long way. What should we know?
- Changing your lifestyle and making a weight goal is overwhelming. Where should people start?
- When it comes to nutrition, what should people consider?
- What is a good exercise goal to aim for?
- Can you share some anecdotal examples of patients who have achieved a healthy weight with the goal of boosting fertility and treatment success?
- Can you share some words of hope with our listeners?