On the Time to Talk Fertility Podcast by Fertility Centers of Illinois, we introduce you to a critical care member on your path to parenthood: your fertility nurse.
Your nurse will support you during each step of the treatment process. Most patients become close to their nurse - after all, that is who you will reach out to when you have a question on your shots, need a hopeful message, or a just pep talk from someone who understands.
While your doctor will recommend treatment options and direct your care, your nurse is the friend that will hold your hand and answer each question and concern that arises along the way.
Join us as Allison Chizum, a team member who has served as a clinical nurse, IVF nurse and clinical research nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois, discusses the role of a fertility nurse, how you’ll work with your nurse during treatment, and what to expect from this relationship.
The Time to Talk Fertility: Meet A Fertility Nurse episode covers questions such as:
- What exactly is a fertility nurse?
- What kinds of responsibilities does a nurse have?
- How does a nurse work with patients?
- Will a patient work with multiple nurses or just one?
- How many patients does a nurse work with at one time?
- How often does a nurse speak with patients?
- When patients have questions, do they speak with a nurse or a doctor?
- Are most patients scared of shots?
- How does a nurse work with patients on learning how to administer shots?
- Do nurses provide emotional support?
- What advice can you offer patients on making the most of their nurse relationship?
- What should a patient do if they don’t feel their nursing needs are being met?
- Can you tell us a bit about being a clinical research nurse?
- Once patients receive that Big Fat Positive, what comes next?
- When does a patient “graduate” to their Ob/Gyn?
- What experiences with patients have stood out over the years?
- Can you share some words of hope with listeners?
The Time to Talk Fertility Podcast releases new episodes monthly and is available on Apple Podcasts, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Tune In, Google Play and Spotify.
Betsy Bail, Advance Practice Nurse
Why We Can’t Live Without Our Fertility Nurses