On the Time to Talk Fertility Podcast by Fertility Centers of Illinois, we dedicate an entire episode to helping patients access additional resources for free or discounted treatment through grants and medical research.
We know that learning about infertility is an undertaking in and of itself and that many patients find themselves underinsured or ineligible to receive fertility treatment coverage through their current plan. That leaves many with the added stress of wondering how they can afford the treatment and medication costs involved.
Join us as Dr. Jennifer Hirshfeld-Cytron, a reproductive endocrinologist at Fertility Centers of Illinois and vice president of the Kevin J. Lederer LIFE Foundation, a non-profit organization that awards monetary grants and IVF grants to help others grow a family, discusses important tips on how to successfully apply for grants and research studies.
The Time to Talk Fertility: Tips on Applying for Fertility Research and Grants episode covers helpful questions such as:
- What grants are available for those looking for financial support?
- Who provides grants?
- What do the grants cover?
- What is included in the application process?
- How can I increase my odds of being selected?
- What can hurt my chances of receiving a grant?
- Are there grants for medication?
- How can participating in research help cover treatment costs?
- What kinds of research studies are done?
- What would exclude me from being able to participate?
- How can I find more information on research studies?
- How many people are under- or non-insured for fertility treatment?
- How can I advocate on behalf of insurance coverage for fertility treatment?
IVF Success with a Life Foundation Grant – Tracy & John share their personal story
ClinicalTrials.gov – a database of privately and publicly funded clinical studies around the world
EMD Serono – Financial Support – resources to apply for discounted or free fertility medication